It is time for a radically new approach to dealing with acne in a salon and spa – treatment that treats the cause, not just the symptoms. Until now, traditional treatments have consisted of seeing sebum as the enemy, with a long regimen of antibiotics and aggressive treatments that strip the skin of its natural oil.
Finally, this practice is now being questioned by leading scientists, as the skin disease is recognized to have complex causes that are not resolved with conventional skin care and approaches.
Over-sterilized homes, processed diets, antibiotics, frequent soap use, and chronic stress have all contributed to hyper-reactive and acne-prone skin, with over 80% of teens and around 4 % of adults with acne, according to data from the scientific article “Acne Vulgaris: A Disease of Western Civilization”.
The skin microbiome is made up of billions of microbes that provide protection against bad bacteria, while working with the immune system to maintain healthy skin, and disruption of this microbial balance can lead to skin problems such as acne.
How Can Probiotics Help Treat Salon Acne Effectively?
Research shows that probiotics are particularly effective in improving acne by reducing inflammation, inhibiting the growth of bacteria linked to rashes, and restoring damaged barrier function. Bio-clinical care brand Try works at the forefront of an industry evolution towards a probiotic future and has found success with a more holistic approach
The brand has developed a collection of products that harness the latest scientific advances in the skin microbiome and strive to treat the underlying cause of acne rather than its symptoms.
The brand’s new Clarifying line, for professionals only, uses biotechnology to restore the microbiome while treating the chronic inflammation that underlies the pathogenesis of acne.
Esse replaced synthetic retinoids with bakuchiol, included provitamin D to supplement the skin with the all-important ‘sunshine vitamin’ and reduce inflammation, and used four species of live probiotics to improve barrier function and help regenerate the microbial ecology of the skin.
Store Esse’s Clarifying Line in your salon or spa now.
Clean product formulas balance sebum production and minimize disruption of the skin’s natural balance. The results of the Esse approach speak for themselves, with at-home products offering a 38% improvement in acne assessment scores over an eight-week period *, inflamed lesions decreasing by 64% over an eight-week period *. eight week period *.
How does Esse’s Clarifying range work?
The Clarifying line consists of four products that provide a simple daily routine for clients working to control acne:
- Clarifying cleanser, 100 ml – this product gently detoxifies the skin. It’s a non-foaming, non-stripping charcoal infused cleanser that soothes, infused with probiotic extracts. Salicylic acid is also included to exfoliate and balance the pH of the skin.
- Clarifying oil, 15ml – a light and easily absorbed facial oil that acts as a sebum carrier to reduce the production of sebum by the skin. It contains a synergy of live probiotics to alter the microbiome, bakuchiol as a natural retinoid substitute, and provitamin D to help stimulate an essential component of healthy skin.
- Clarifying serum, 30ml – a skin supplement with 2% salicylic acid to help keep pores clear and niacinamide to regulate sebum production. The probiotic extracts and prebiotic nutrients help to strengthen the barrier function of the skin. For best results, use after Clarifying Oil.
- Dark spot corrector, 10 ml – a targeted spot treatment containing salicylic acid, bakuchiol and niacinamide to provide relief from spots and inflammation.
For more information on the Clarifying range visit Esse Skincare or to become an Esse reseller send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Results determined with 14 female subjects using the clarifying range over a 60 day period.